- See also: Adventures is v1.0 of the RPG. For v1.5 see Director's Cut. For v2.0 see Book of Shadows.
- UPDATE! As of October 30, 2013, this book is now being offered for free via a Channel M promotion to encourage people to buy either the Director's Cut or Book of Shadows. These were followed by Respelled.
Witch Girls Adventures is the first known RPG adaptation of the Witch Girls series.
It comes in a "Nice" version and a "Wicked" version.
This format is retained in the upcoming second edition, Book of Shadows, which is still under development and not yet released.
The code WGA precedes some of the earlier publications:
- WGA 001 is ? possibly All about the Voodollars
- WGA 002 is The Pirates of Buccaneer Hill
- WGA 003 is the Star Creation Guide (alternatively also All about the Voodollars)
- WGA 004 is the Magical Music Tour
- WGA 005 is ?
- WGA 006 was slated to be Trinity Stone Academy
- WGA 007 is ?
Many other books have no such code.
WHAT IS WITCH GIRLS ADVENTURES?Edit
Witch Girls Adventures is a role-playing game book based on the award winning comic book “Witch Girls Adventures”
In the world of “Witch Girls Adventures” , characters have adventures in both the “real” and magical world. They can fly through the air on brooms, learn to control time and space at one of the many schools of magic around the world and turn people into frogs.
But everything isn’t all wands and potions. Being a “Witch-girl” can be dangerous and hiding your power from most of the world isn't as easy as it sounds. And did we mention the homework they give in Conjuration Class?
Designed for and aimed at girls, it allows players to create their very own Witch to star as the main character in adventures limited only by the imaginations of those involved and the simple rules found in this book.
No boards and no expensive video game system needed. Just some dice, paper and pencils and friends.
In the world of Witch Girls, power comes in all shapes and sizes. So be nice… or be a toad!
Some images that pertain to this:
- Preview or Use Reader on Amazon.com allows the 10-page comic and the first 9 pages of rules to be viewed for free by the public to promote people to purchase the game. They are also rehosted here:
It opens with the story of Witch Hunt.
WitchGirlsAdventures.Com: official siteno longer active
- ChannelMlive.com: Official Channel M Publishing Site
- WitchGirls' WGAhome: Official Witch Girls Adventures Website
- November 29th, 2006 RPG.net thread
- June 22nd, 2009 RPG.net review by Timothy S. Brannan
- July 16, 2008: PhilGamer: Witch Girls Adventures
- May 16th 2009: EnWorld review by dm4hire
- June 5th 2009: AdventureGameNews Blogspot: Witch Girls Adventures
- June 18th 2009: TheOtherSide BlogSpot review by Tim Brannan
- June 29th 2009: Near-July Witchcraft comparison (note: CJ Carella, the creator of the WitchCraft RPG, is also the creator of the 90s Nightbane RPG for Palladium books, which may have influenced Witch Girls.
- July 20th 2009 as "WebWarlock" plugs on Eden Studios, includes stats for Tara/Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- February 18th 2010 2010 Cortex comparison
- March 26th 2010 Vampires comparison with Fran/Miriam stats
- December 19th 2010 School Bites comparison with Cherri Creeper stats
- June 19th 2009: HeroPress review by Tim Knight
- June 22nd 2009: RPG.net review and thread by Web Warlock
- November 9th, 2009: Bella's Jay announces article
- ?day ?month ?year BellaOnline.com review by Jay Shaffstall
- June 26th 2010: TvTropes remarks
- September 10th 2010: Review by Kn 9
- November 15th, 2010 ObsidianPortal: "Ghosts and Grendle" campaign
- March 6, 2011 YarukiZeroGames podcast 17 interviews Malcolm about WGA contents include:
- What is Witch Girls Adventures?
- A Drama Diaries Game
- Marketing to Girls
- Daytrippers; volunteers who hand out fliers at events
- Witch Girls as an (introductory) RPG
- How do girls play RPGs?
- Witch Girls as YA fiction
- Witch Girls: Beyond Convention, the forthcoming Witch Girls short film, plus forthcoming WGA supplements
- Macho, Malcolm’s over-the-top action hero RPG, due out this year
- Nemesis: Remix, a superhero RPG for fans of superhero comics, due out in late 2012
- Even more stuff on the horizon for Channel M!
- Malcolm says believe in your self!
- MP3 is 60m13s long and 55.1MB large
- November 17th, 2011 BordeGlobal review by Latina/PbP
- April 25th, 2012 Wired.com review by Rebecca Angel
- May 22nd, 2012 Weird-Girls.com review by Mark
- October 21st 2012 SomethingAwful review part 1 by Adnachiel
- November 30th 2012 TvTropes discussion
- December 14th 2012: 13th class campaign (active as of Jan 22nd 2013)